How Reliable Is Wix For Search Engine Optimization Of Your Site? What Are The Options Wix provide for SEO?
Wix CMS for SEO has been in the market for a long time now. People are heading towards the CMS simply to execute complicated tasks with mere ease. But the question that comes to mind that along with being easy to manage is how reliable it is in terms of SEO and other marketing tools integration.
We must say, Wix CMS, do provide a lot of significant feature to the users for easy execution of the part of the SEO. Along with SEO, it does provide tools on how to let Google find your website. Along with it, you can integrate various tracking tools on the website. Either it is the Facebook pixel or Google analytics. Or you can up your game by going ahead with Google tag manager, which is also available here on the Wix platform.
Wix provides the following options for better search engine optimization.
1. Get Found On Google
Yeah, that right, it is literally the name of the option you will find on the Wix CMS for SEO. It will walk you from basic to advance level SEO steps. The first step lets you update the homepage title, SEO description, mobile-friendliness, whether it is connected to the search console. The second step lets you optimize pages for SEO. Optimizing the titles and descriptions for all the pages of the website. The third step lets you have to take the SEO guide or hire a Wix expert.
- SEO patterns- ‘Your site’s default SEO settings can be edited, but we recommend only advanced users make changes’. This is what Wix says. So, what exactly SEO patterns consists?
- Site pages- Google preview, that’s what it would let you edit. It allows you SEO title, SEO description and page URL as well. You can see the Google preview on right side.
- Social Share- Let’s you choose how your main site pages look when shared on social networks like Facebook and Pinterest. It allows you edit Social edit, social description and social image. Similarly, you can see the preview on right side.
- Advanced SEO tags- It lets you edit and review additional info about your site pages for search engine. You can put and edit canonical, og:site name, og:type, og:url. You can see tag preview on the right.
2. Site verification
Site verification lets you add meta tags from the multiple search engines to claim ownership. It allows you to do site verification with Bing, Pinterest, Yandex, Google Search Engine. It not only makes it easier and saves you the trouble of learning a lot of coding and messing around in the core of the website. But also, saves you a lot of time.
3- Sitemap creation and update
A sitemap is a file where you provide information about the pages, videos, and other files on your site, and the relationships between them. Search engines like Google read this file to more intelligently crawl your site. Wix automatically updates and creates a sitemap for your site. As soon as make any changes and update it, it makes changes to the sitemap itself and updates it. So with Wix, you don’t have to worry about updating your sitemap and requesting Google to crawl it.
4- URL redirect manager
The next question is when you delete a page how you going to ask Google that it has been moved to a new location. That’s the right redirection of the crawler to a new page for the pre-existing page. Either it is 3xx redirect or 4xx redirects, Wix’s redirect manager lets you manage all the redirect of the website in one place at once. And it is way easier than said. Even redirects from the old domain are manageable with it.
5. Robot file Implementation
Another option Wix lets you edit. With robot.txt you can let tell Google which pages of your site to crawl. Putting the URL of the sitemap in your robot.txt file is not a challenge anymore.
In the end, Wix CMS provides you general SEO settings, it allows you to control the ability to let crawlers crawl or not crawl your website.